Tuesday, August 16, 2011

these are getting way too long. also, i moved and ate at IHOP.

today started very, very early for me at good old 7 AM. i woke up in probably the most heightened state of panic i've ever experienced. the explanation: the sleeping bag i had slept in had grabbed a hold of my braid with this small strip of velcro that someone had the inability to realize would be a bad idea to place RIGHT NEXT TO THE HEAD REST. so yeah. that was how the day started and it kinda set the pace for the rest of the day.

i spent the first two hours cleaning, running up and down stairs, and freaking out that time was going twice as fast as normal. the good news: we managed to do everything on time. the bad news: i didn't completely pass my clean check because there was some rogue dust on more than one surface of my room. hiring someone to come in and dust for a few minutes shouldn't cost me too much though, so i'm not too worried.
i spent the next two hours sitting on a couch waiting for $50 bucks to find it's way into my pocket. it didn't so i have no other choice but to become a nuisance about it. despite how much you probably don't care about this i will most likely keep you updated until it is resolved. you're welcome.

also, guys. i'm way dreading summer being over. i got to go on a mini bike ride today to relocate my bike from my apartment to my halfway house for the week and the whole time i couldn't help but imagine just how little time i have left before that perfect bike ride is going to be miserable. filled with things falling out of the sky, miserably cold temperatures, and ice. ugh.

i'm getting tired and this is getting long here is today in a series of bullet points:
*me and trina went to IHOP and were basically delirious with laughter the whole time. the pancakes were delicious but our waiter was sliiiightly creepy. he reminded me of the white version of antonio banderas. the cashier person took way too long coming to check us out that me and trineh took to coughing loudly to try and get their attention. eventually those coughs turned to giggles which turned to full blown laughter and even a snort or two. (wow, longest bullet point ever. the concept of short and sweet seems to have escaped me)
*we found every cute thing ever today at kohls and the mall. there was this light blue pleather jacket at buckle that was PERFECT. and expensive so we both had to close our eyes and move on.
*the sunset tonight was amazing. there wasn't a cloud in the sky but that didn't stop the deep orange and pink from saturating the sky near the horizon almost completely. the beautiful sky combined with the perfect temperature outside i was tempted to just pull my car over and enjoy.
*i shouldn't be telling you this but i'm SO sore. and it's in weird places too, like my forearms and my calves. moving apartments does weird things to me. actually moving in general does weird things too.
*also, i had a monster of a migraine tonight. it slowly subsided though, after three hours.
* oh! and i finished mockingjay. it only took.... three months. i'm a member of this site called goodreads where i keep a catalog of books i've read or hope to read. i posted my review of mockingjay over there, check it out if you'd like.

and with that, i'm headed to bed. it's late and i get to work early tomorrow. yay...

No comments: