Tuesday, August 30, 2011

so turns out i overreacted.

so, you guys. the semester has officially started and here are a few thoughts i had during the day.

one: i hate waking up at 7 AM. i feel like it's high school all over again.
two: it's fun seeing people from the english program around campus and getting to explain to them why i'm not in any of their classes anymore. i saw like five of them but only talked to two of them.
two part b: it's a pleasant surprise to me when people whom i think barely remember me end up recognizing me and deeming me worthy to sit and talk to for fifteen minutes in front of the tsc. like camille from my technical writing courses.
two part c: it's also fun to explain to people in all  my art classes that i'm technically not an art major yet. (i still hate saying art major out loud)
three: today in institute my teacher, brother allen, was going around the room asking everyone their name and where they were from. when he got to me and i told him my full name he said he had a story about me. my initial response? "oh yeah? *insert sarcastic smile*". his response, "yep, i used to have a huge crush on you." turns out he did. there was this girl who was writing him on his mission named maria wilson who he had a huge crush on but she married some other guy. so he's convinced i've been sent to his class to torment him... or something.
four: i was sitting in the shade and a random girl i don't know sat next to me and decided to become my friend. her name was ellie and she had impecable style and taste.
five: i met another girl today who is allergic to the cold. that's 3 people i've met allergic to cold and zero like me, who are allergic to heat. one in a million
six: is it bad of me to constantly be surprised when people are friendly or selfless? because i am.
six: i looove seeing all the new freshies freak out and not know how the shuttle works. yes children, we wait here in a LINE for our turns. no you may not huddle around the door to try and squeeze your way in first. yes, you're allowed to sit right next to a stranger. yes, squeeze back means you don't leave any breathing room between you and the two strangers around you. honestly.
SEVEN!: as most of you saw on facebook, because that's how you even got to this blog in the first place, my new glasses came. at first i was terrified of just how intense they are but they've now come to grow on me. and i'm already quite fond of them.



overall today was a success. i woke up on time. i found my classes easy enough. my teachers are relaxed. the classes are cake. everything is going to be ok.

facebook has started doing this thing where it posts your status updates from the year before in the left column to enhance your already self centered social network experience. these were the updates facebook showed me today:


On This Day In 2010



Maria Wilsonactual dinner attempt number one: failure. you win this round hunger.


Maria Wilsonis already missing the st.george heat. i am doomed.
Create an Ad

Sponsored

first, i would like to let you know dinner hasn't won since that first night when i tried to make noodles and it turned out as soup. ick. as proof of that: i spent $65 in groceries today, all of which i know how to successfully incorporate into a meal. yes, you may applaud now.
(speaking of me spending $65, me and katrina play this game every time we grocery shop to see who can spend the least amount of money. without fail, i win. even when i buy eye liner for $8 i still win. it's just one of my gifts. and it drives trina crazy)
second: i still miss the st.george heat. i don't think i will ever truly get over this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now those are some crazy, sexy specs! An "art major" is nothing to get all tangled up about. Do what you are passionate about! Either that or get to that 55th birthday and wish you had. Love ya, Maria Tortilla!

Anonymous said...

well look at you, getting all grown up on us. I thought about you all day hoping school went good. Glad to her that it was a success!!!! We miss you! Oh, please write Jesse, emails on Fridays!!!

tifsong said...

you're the best person ever.

miss mandi said...

your disclaimer.
is awesome.

Macy said...

Two things, First: I don't think I could ever pull off glasses like that and therefore I am insanely jealous of you at this moment in time. And Secondly: Crap.. I can't remember what it was! I'll get back to you on that... Oh wait! I remembered as I was typing in the verification thing: People actually read and comment on your blog and that also makes me a little jealous! You're so classy people ever read your blog! Haha