Sunday, August 7, 2011

a day late story about blue snow cones.

oh man, you guys. i totally blew this whole blogging every day thing. i was way too tired last night to write anything that would have resembled coherence. however, i'm here now to rectify my mistake and hopefully we can all look past the few hours this is late.

(oh and just to let you know, i did just wake up from a two hour nap so i can't promise that this will be prolific, or even interesting for that matter. consider yourselves warned.)
yesterday i was able to meet up with my family and go to my cousin's wedding in bountiful. and i was so excited because i thought it would be a good opportunity to take some good pictures for project 365, however i managed to only take two pictures.

that's it. the other one is just a duplicate of this one. so sad. however, me taking a picture of my snow cone is actually pretty funny. you'll read why later. 

my cousin had one of those fun photobooth things there so me and christee, my little sister, got our pictures taken together. (the first and the last pictures on here where just...sad so i cropped it to only include the middle pictures. trust me, it is better this way)
notice the charming blue tongue? yeah. little did i know the snow cone flavor that i chose, which you can clearly guess, stayed with me a little bit longer than i'd anticipated. so this is me, embracing it in our picture for everyone to enjoy.

speaking of snow cones (again) i ate a lot of junk yesterday. by the time we got to the reception i was starving so i started shoveling soft pretzels and snow cones in my mouth like a boss. 3 small soft pretzles, a snow cone aaand 3 cupcakes.... ok maybe it was four cupcakes? i didn't really keep track. on purpose.

after i ate half their supply of food i was recruited to help unfold the umbrellas that garnished the snow cones. because i was stationed behind the table people automatically assumed i knew what i was talking about and so they would come up to me and ask what flavors we had and which were the best. and this is what i would tell them, word for word, "we have lime (pointing to the green one), tigers blood- which has a nice coconut ish flavor (pointing to the red one), and blue raspberry- which has a pleasant side effect that colors your mouth blue for the next hour. it's very flattering." by the time the night was done we had twice as much blue raspberry flavoring left over than that of the lime or tigers blood all because of my little speech . i considered it a success.

oh! so i think i've mentioned to you guys that i'm going to be homeless for 9 days? yeah? anyway, i got my dad to sponsor me so i can come home for four of those days. so maybe i'll see a few of you in the not so distant future?

No comments: