Thursday, August 11, 2011

just a little stress rant about moving and school and blah blah blah.

today at work i realized it's the tenth. that means i have five days to be out of here, my current apartment that is. let me explain to you why that stresses me out so bad:
  • one- that's five days to put all of my worldly belongings into cardboard boxes, stuff them in my car and move them to an entirely new location but...
  • two- i don't have an entirely new location to move them to because... 
  • three- i can't move into my new apartment until the twenty fourth because everyone who runs an apartment complex up here is only concerned with money and not the welfare of others. 
  • four- i still insist on totting my bookshelf, complete with fifty plus books, and my papasan chair with me to each apartment. even though neither of those things fit into my car by any stretch of the imagination and...
  • five- i've yet to find anyone with a truck who would be willing to help me move said bookshelf and massive chair. (i wrote about my previous experience with this problem in my post about ciera the great)
  • six- the utilities in this apartment are under my name,. on august 8th, i'd paid $181 of my own dollars with neither of my other two roommates even acknowledging that they each owe me $48. to make matters worse, i think one of them may have even moved out today. i can't afford to pay everyone's portion of the utilities, that's almost $100 between the two of them. (let me be clear that i'm not afraid of katrina not paying me for the utilities. she's been out of town, it's understandable. plus i could easily take her if it came down to a fist fight.) anyone have any ideas on how to get them to pay me?
  • seven-moving out means school is starting. and i'm not ready for that. i don't have my books yet, i'm still on the waiting list for one of my classes, my hours at work are going to go down because of my school schedule which equals less money, aaand what little money i have left is all going to the university. i don't really feel like giving up my money just yet. 
  • aaand eight- i've loved this apartment. i love how roomy it is, and how huge my room is. i love having my own bathroom; i love that we have a kitchen table and a pantry! you guys don't know how rare it is for a college apartment to have a pantry. i love the massive window in my room that lets in all of the morning's sunshine- even though i sleep through most of it. i'm definitely going to miss this place.
i'm just really not ready to give up sunshine and warmth in exchange for early morning class, nature dying, the air freezing, and homework.   

    
(in case it was unclear, these three pictures are my way of paying homage to the summer almost being over.)

in non related news: i fell asleep on the floor today after work for about half an hour. when i woke up both my hands were numb from laying on them and i definitely had a little bit of carpet face going on. it was completely attractive.

p.s i have this new love for chewing ice. can anyone enlighten me on just how horrible that is for my teeth? personal experience?

2 comments:

AnnaSchu said...

my mom is an ice chewer. she has cracks in her teeth.

Booking It With Sandi said...

Ice-- chew all the time. Sonic pebble ice is the best and softer... Haven't ruined any teeth but obviously I have bard teeth?

Why can't you rent that apartment again?