Friday, August 19, 2011

9 pointless truths aaaand another truth.

guys. only 11 days left, aren't we all feeling successful? yes. yes we are. so for today, here are some things:


  • i've been feeling chronically tired lately. i've only been up for 11 hours today and i'm already about ready to call it quits and head for bed. i just want to curl up and watch a movie. 
  • speaking of watching a movie, i miss tv. i haven't really had a tv for a year now and i didn't really noticed until now just how much i do miss having a big screen tv. movies are so much better on the big screen, which is why me and trina have started occasionally going to see a movie on tuesday nights (student discount night. save two dollars, holla!)
  • today at work i had a little old lady ask me if i did my own nails and then tell me she loved them. i proceeded to get all beam-y and made an "aw... you" face. and then i helped another older lady and after we were done she took my card, asked me my last name, and after sincerely thanking me for taking the time to help her, she said she'd always look for me every time she came in. it's times like those that i manage to find some sort of hope in customers as a whole. 
  • i'm BEYOND stoked to go home tomorrow! i may even get to see my little sister play soccer in payson. yay!
  • speaking of my family: i love how i can't call their house without little mini me, brooke, screaming "I LOOOOVE YOU," the second she finds out who is on the phone (me). she does this the entire time i'm on the other line. you would think it would get a little obnoxious, but it really just makes me laugh so hard.
(one of my favorite things to do is skype my family. not only is it super entertaining because brooke's "i love you" impulses translate to video chat just as well as they manifest through the phone, but i also get to see the faces she's making. comedy gold, i tell you.)

  • these past few days have been so much fun staying in an actual house. ciera the great is, once again, the best for letting us stay here. i miss the feeling of living in a house and not just an empty-walled, soul-less college apartment. 
  • (i know no one wants to hear about this but here i go anyway) speaking of empty and soul-less, i still haven't gotten my $50 from one of my roommates for last month's utilities and it's stressing me out. i have no idea where she lives now and no way to get a hold of her other than her cell phone, which she conveniently refuses to answer. anyone have any tips on how i can get that from her? no? that's what i was afraid of. 
  • also, ciera the great's house doesn't have air conditioning. at all. being summer time you'd think i would be dying of heat. but nay. turns out i really am a desert child and i the heat doesn't bother me. at all.
  • i wish i had a tripod. one of my goals that i was unable to accomplish this summer was to do a night time lapse photo shoot thing by pointing my camera at the stars and leaving it open for a few hours to produce a picture like this:

  • when i went to flickr to find the picture you see above i found out it's world photography day. i wish i would have known about this earlier than at ten at night. knowing that it's world photography day, i feel even more guilty about being 12 days behind in my project 365. wah wah wah. 
  • i never thought i'd be one of those girls who writes a blog to unwind. weirdo. 
this is going to go up before midnight, i bet none of you thought that'd ever happen. 


No comments: