Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm either a real adult now or just a way sad kid on the inside.

It occurred to me tonight that because I write these after midnight, I'm technically a day behind. However, one quick check of the world clock later and I've decided we're all going to pretend I'm writing this from Honolulu, where it is still 10:45 PM on Tuesday. Problem solved.

Now that we have the technicalities out of the way. Hi, you came back for day two. That either means you're bored or you're my mom. Hi Mom :)

So yesterday I briefly mentioned my love/hate relationship with heartburn. It loves me, I hate it. The past few nights my heartburn has actually been so bad that I have a hard time sleeping (it's a glamorous life I lead, truly). Last night I got so fed up with it that I decided to research the foods that most often cause heartburn. At first the list of no-no foods wasn't too bad: tomatoes (Ick. Healthy. I never eat those), coffee (zero problem there), alcohol (ha), spicy foods (I cook for myself, therefor meal times are very, very bland). But then i started noticing an alarming trend: grapefruit (my recent fruit love), peppermint/spearmint (I LOVE me some spearmint gum), and chocolate (pretend you can hear my soul crying. That's how i felt).

After taking a few minutes to weigh just how sick I felt verses how much I love mud pie ice cream (which I'd been eating in healthy, ooor unhealthy, doses for the past two nights... Yes, it's all making sense now) I decided the ice cream really isn't worth it. This pain has to be attached to something, like intense, irreparable damage to my throat. I quickly concluded that I'm rather fond of being able to swallow my food as opposed to having it pumped into my veins, so I decided to cool it with the chocolate ice cream.
To demonstrate for you just how serious I am about kicking heartburn to the curb, I turned down free Aggie ice cream tonight. That combines two of my favorite things: Chocolate and FREE things. Free. But I realized it really isn't worth it anymore. And that realization alone makes me sad. I'm either a real adult now, or just a way sad kid on the inside. Lets hope this is all worth it.

Song sharing time: Today in Katrina's car (she has a car now, how great is that?!) this song came on and I managed to use my detective skills to find out who it was. I've already managed to listen to it 8 times in a row. How can you not love his voice? Honestly. Also, the song lyrics are kind of a bummer but at least they're not offensive, right Mom? ;)



P.S. Did you notice my correct use of capitalization and grammar? :) so proud.

2 comments:

mom said...

Hey hey hey it's just your biggest fan. you make me happy with your blogs. And about the heartburn,you should have that checked. Your Great Grandma died of esophageal cancer. Just sayin... be careful. lokking forward to seeing you on Sat. Lets go shopping!

Katie Gish said...

Mreh! You are truly an inspiration. I admire your ambition. Mud pie ice cream? I used to be pretty sure Mud Pie ice cream was just heaven's way of showing us that it exists...until i read that it gives you heartburn. Now I'm completely positive that it's roasted marshmallows. Thank you for solving that debate. I wish you luck on your BEDA project and ridding yourself of heartburn.

Katie