Wednesday, November 7, 2012

leftovers: thankvember day six.

we're still in the single digits of this month, why am i so bad at doing this you guys?!

frustration at my ability to stick to something aside, today i am grateful for leftovers. it's unfortunately more seldom than not that i decide to make actual dinner for myself, so when it does happen you better believe i want to be able to profit from my efforts for days to come.

the other day i made this 8 can taco soup schtuff i'd found on pinterest. it was pretty good and fortunately i had a lot of it. i stuck it in a few sandwich bags and put those in the freezer. now, whenever i'm hungry i can just grab one of those bags and within two minutes microwave heating time i can be eating legit soup. just two minutes. amazing.

now if only i did this more often...

1 comment:

Katie Gish said...

Maria! So before school started I did the same thing, but I made like 10 different recipes and froze them all in meal-sized portions. Sure, my house smelled like soup and chili for like two days, and I didn't feel like eating any of it for a week after that, but now I too realize that 2-minute dinners are the best! ...now i want some taco soup.