Tuesday, October 11, 2011

some small things before bed.

some things:

*so, i'm slowly realizing i really miss playing volleyball. tonight at FHE a few of us stragglers decided to play a game and it just felt good. i haven't played a real game since my senior year of high school, at least 3 years ago. that is way too long. i'm making it my goal to scrape together a bunch of people who want to play with me a few times a month. yep, i just decided that.

*next month is national write a novel month, also known as nanowrimo. the goal of nanowrimos is to write a 50,000 word novel in only 30 days; which equals out to 1,667 words a day. one of my goals in life is to write a novel so every november has haunted me ever since i learned about nanowrimo. i attempted last year, but only got to like 5,000 words before i got overwhelmed with life and stopped. i really want to try again this year. i still have a few weeks to really pull my ideas together. i'm just afraid i won't be able to finish it, kinda like how my project 365 is currently tanking (i hang my head in shame). i highly doubt anyone would want me to post each day's writings on here, and even if they did i don't think i'd feel comfortable with that. any ideas on how to motivate myself? shanks.

*speaking of incomplete projects, i've noticed a pattern. each fall the amount of pictures i take drops to nearly zero. i can't believe how incredibly uninspired i become when the trees are no longer green and the sunsets are no longer rich and orange and late. actually, now that i say it like that it makes total sense. i guess i really am a summer girl.

*now that the sunshine has left for good, i am always cold. so today after doing my laundry (which i did for the first time in.... well... over a month. honestly, i have SO many clothes) i poured all my clean, hot clothes on my bed and just laid on them. it felt oh so good. i really need to invest in a space heater or something.

*my new favorite thing is helping people at kiddie kandids who i had previously sold glasses to at standard optical. i'm lying. it's awkward. although i'm pretty sure it's only awkward for me (because there's no way they remember me like i remember them) but that's all that matters, right? right.

oh! i just found out that my finalized art history paper actually isn't due until tomorrow. procrastinating is no longer needed, therefore i no longer need to write in here. so, i'm headed to bed. night.

alright one more thing (for some reason i don't like posting without some sort of visual.) i found this and decided it was written for me.


yes galileo, yes. 

1 comment:

AnnaSchu said...

my space heater at college saved my life. i was in an OOOOLD house and i was the only one in my house with a space heater. I hoarded and hermited aaaaaall winter. :) totally encourage it.