Wednesday, October 26, 2011

lets play catch up: a week too late.


i've been collecting things to write down and tell you guys for over a week now, but i've just play playing too hard (bet you never thought i'd say that) to get myself to sit down and sort it all out into nice coherent sentences. and now it's gotten to the point where i have so much i want to share that i'm overwhelmed slash i waited too long on some things so their relevance is nearing zero, and if i bring them up now it's going to be slightly weird. but lets do it anyway:

last friday i was sporting my hot new red pants like the fashionably challenged child that i am. this was also the day i went to a free hypnotist show that my apartment complex was putting on. at one point in the show the hypnotist told the stage full of volunteers to find someone in the crowd wearing red and that the color red would smell better than anything they'd ever smelt before. i was in the second row, in the very center. within two seconds of him saying "go" i had four people groping my legs and pulling on my pants, smelling who knows what. most awkward two minutes of my life. after the show one of the guys, who had apparently found the smell equivalent of heaven on the pants of my left knee, came up and apologized to me. do you want to see a very small glimpse of me being publicly molested? click on this. it's at about 37:14 that i appear and you see the group of children hoovering around my pants. so awkward.

last saturday i survived a haunted corn maze. yes, masked, groaning, hobbling men chasing us and all. truly terrifying. i'm mostly just proud of myself for actually agreeing to go. i still hate being scared but at least i tried. we also carved pumpkins. i decided the most terrifying thing i could carve on it was the face of raggedy ann. wanna see?



wednesday i forced a few of the guys who live in my building to go play coed volleyball with me at the church. i had a bet going on with a guy on the other team that we would win. after completely losing in our first game, we actually won the second and gave up the third. i must say, i was pretty proud of my rag-tag team of goonies after that. i was honestly just happy to finally play.

at work the other day i was trusted enough to take pictures of a newborn without anyone there supervising me. now i feel like i'm nowhere near fully trained so i was basically terrified. after my manager came back from her lunch break she praised me for not having to call her once (apparently when she left the other girl who's training as well, the girl had to call her five times in one hour. ouch.). so proud.

well, i've now caught you up to the middle of last week. i'm too tired to continue. maybe if you get lucky i'll post another one tomorrow. maybe.

No comments: