Tuesday, April 26, 2011

sometimes i get unnecessary free stuff.

If you know me, and I'm assuming all seven of you do, you know I hate, hate, hate spending money. So much in fact that I've only eaten out like six times since I moved up here to Logan and I actually refused to buy groceries for a two week period a few months ago. Yes, I hate spending money that much. So, when I somehow I found the Facebook page  Freebies2Deal, I got all sorts of excited inside. They post different deals daily that help you save money on things you need, like groceries, or things you don't need, which you will see an example of soon. One such deal they had going on was you could get all sorts of free things for your company as part of a promotion through Vistaprint, and you only had to pay for shipping.
Oh yeah, I definitely took advantage of that. Being the smart alec that I am, I decided to write motivational things on each item that pertain to that items use.

Out of their list of free things you could order I got:

A personalized pen. 
And yes that definitely says "this pen is meant for writing. so use it. thank you."
A personalized notebook that says
 "This notebook is meant for writing in." Clever, I know.
A "ten points!" stamp. 
I was sooo excited for this one. Now I can give legit "Maria points" on paper. 
Business cards.
 I tried to actually take these seriously, so they say "M. Wilson Photography" on them. 
And a little fridge magnet. 
I think you can all read what that says. 

Because I order so many things online, I feel as though the mailman is sick of having to hand deliver packages to me, and he only pretends to knock on my door to let me know he's outside waiting with my package. So when I got home from school that fateful day I found the little "sorry we missed you, but not really because, honestly, you need to stop ordering things online. I thought you were a poor college student, start acting like it" card in our mailbox so I hopped in my car and soon enough I had the long awaited parcel in my hands. Now, normally I have enough patience to wait until I get back to my apartment before I start ripping things open, but I guess I was particularly impulsivity-challenged that day, so I used my car keys to pry it open on the spot. The first wrapped object I encountered was about 8x10 and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it was. I finally opened it up, and the second I saw what it was I laughed out loud. That "little" magnet I ordered turned out not to be so little.
Yes, that monstrosity on the second half of the fridge is my magnet. I frequently let this type of stuff happen to me. Yeah, so I guess when I was ordering this stuff I was so blinded by the free-ness of it that I didn't take the time to read the fine print. Kinda like when I find a shirt I'm in love with at a store, I'll grab the first one off the rack without even making sure it's my size. But I digress, That obnoxious magnet that says 

"THIS IS A MAGNET
meant for keeping stuff up on your fridge. 
You're Welcome." 

takes up the majority of our fridge. I am so ashamed. 

Even though the magnet wasn't what I expected the rest of the stuff was still pretty good. Even if they do have slightly condescending remarks on them. And I mean, who can really complain when they were all free.


1 comment:

mom said...

that's what I love about maria...Love your free stuff. I should have done it too...I'm jealous!