Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The day I hacked my brain and everything was perfect.

I've had full intentions to write this blog at least three times before this point, but as you all know, I'm contractually obligated to procrastinate, so you get a story about Saturday five days later. You're welcome. 

So, I was scheduled to work at 8 on Saturday morning, and if you know me, you see the problem here. On Friday I was planning on going to bed early, but not only had I had the privilege of sleeping in earlier that day, but it was my roommate Courtney's birthday. So after going to dinner at Costa Vita, we had a ridiculous amount of people in our apartment, eating cake, playing games and attempting to throw a dance party.  It was 2:30 by the time everything settled down, everyone left, and I was ready for bed. As I lay in bed all hopped up on chocolate birthday cake, carbonation, and too much sleep the night before, I started freaking out that I wasn't going to be able to wake up on time. In desperation I decided to do some "imagining exercises" I learned in one of my many strange classes I took at Dixie last year. I spent a solid ten minutes telling myself I was going to wake up on time, and imagining the clock when I woke up and exactly what I was going to do before work to get ready. I set my three alarms for 7, 7:15 and 7:30, as usual, and shot a few prayers towards heaven, figuring I could use all the help I could get. By 3:30 my brain had finally settled down and that's about when I fell asleep.
The next thing I remember being aware of was shooting up in my bed in a blind panic and reaching for my phone to see what time it was. 6:58. WHAT?! That's right. Somehow I managed to not only scare my brain into waking me up like a ninja before my alarm went off, but I also did it on 3 1/2 hours of sleep. That has never, ever happened to me before. And I was ecstatic. I managed to make it to work sans face pillow creases (you know what i'm talking about, those things you get on your face when you stay in the same position the entire night, but you wake up late for work so they don't have time to smooth out. oh, you don't have that problem? just me then.) and with food in my belly. Those two things on their own are a huge accomplishment.

The whole rest of the day was just as awesome. I thought about taking the time to literally tell you about all of the great things that happened in story form, but I'll spare you and create a simple list instead. Once again, you're welcome :)
List of Awesome:
*free things from Targt in the mail
*half a Costa Vita burrito at lunch
*getting May 16th through the 25th off from work so I can come to St.George!
*good friends
*v for vendetta
*a car mustache (which can be seen here)
*sangrias and oreos 

Ask anyone who had to deal with me on Saturday, everything was amazing. Seriously, such the best day.

p.s. just wanted to let you all know that you're totally allowed to comment on here. I know you all want me to believe that none of you read this but blogger tells me differently. So comment away. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another prayer to Heaven needs to be given to say THANK YOU for an awesome day! I'm glad yours went well...Mine was...CraZy!!!

Katie B. said...

Mreh!!! I am so proud of you! You're growing up so fast. Go make yourself a s'more and watch Meet the Robinson's for me.