Saturday, September 17, 2011

things on my mind at this precise moment in time:

-i've run into problem number a million getting photoshop and illustrator back onto my computer. and i could not be more frustrated about it. because i haven't had photoshop for a few weeks now i haven't really felt compelled to work on my project 365, which in itself is a bummer because i'm already over two weeks behind. and i need illustrator to work on my 2D design prototype that's due monday. oh the joys of technology.
-i'm really good at writing, or so i'm told, but for some reason writing a 250-500 word personal essay on why i should be chosen to study abroad in Austria next semester is the hardest thing i've done all semester. probably because i want it so badly.
- for the first time in my life i wish i could just go out and work and not have to worry about school anymore. i had an opportunity to maybe work for verizon but i had to turn it down because it was 40+ hours a week, which is just not doable for a college kid. the training was going to be in denver for 6 weeks though. i still think that sounds amazing.
-i'm cold. it's cold outside. it's cold inside. i'm wearing pants and a sweatshirt and i'm still cold. speaking of  being cold though...
-the one good thing about having a phone that is constantly overheating (yes my new, new phone still overheats) is it's like i have a hot pad with me 24/7. the one (of many) bad things about it though, is it's like i have a hot pad in my pocket, 24/7. it burns.
-i've written three blog posts in the past week and i've only finished and published one of them. i should really start actually following through with what i start.
-every time i tell people where i live i feel like i say oakritch instead of oakridge. other things i say weird: apparently my own name belongs on that list. my 2D design teacher thought i said my name was murry. so that's fun. but then again, he didn't know left from right or how to pronounce ambiguous so i guess i shouldn't take it too seriously.
-at first i was extremely apprehensive of my 3D design class. i'm good at thinking things up but not so much at turning those thoughts into actually objects. but within these two shorts weeks it's easily become my favorite class however it's already caused me a lot of pain. first i was covered in burns from rushing with a hot glue gun and now i'm suffering from minor cuts and blisters all over my hands from making a wire rendering of my toy film camera. don't worry though, it was all worth it. the camera turned out great. want to see it? ok.
that wire camera is exactly 3 times bigger than the original (as seen to the right). now i have limited to zero spacial skills so the fact that the wire camera turned out exactly three times bigger makes me feel all warm and happy inside. 

well katrina is finally home which means i don't have to write in here anymore to simulate actual human interaction so i think this post is finally done. 
p.s. sorry these always seem to be so long. that is never my intention. promise. 

No comments: