Saturday, October 11, 2008

Maria's Infinite Playlist... I wish.

So I saw Nick and Nora's Infinite Play List tonight. Have you ever seen a movie that gets you so wrapped up in the story line that you find yourself making a mental note on how to alter your current life to mimic that movie? I have. A lot actually.

I remember the first time I saw The Count Of Monte Cristo. I was wrapped up in that movie for weeks. Although, I don't recall trying to alter myself to fit Edmond's charactor... ok so maybe this example doesn't fit. But still, this happens to me. And not just over movies, over books too.

I remember the first time i read Towers of Brierly (it's a sappy mormon love story book, I don't recommend it to any of you who are above sixth grade and have surpassed aspiring to acquire a fairy tale romance) I wanted to move to Ireland, find me a Gavin and frolic in the moors with his handicap older sister Effie.

Aaaanyway... this happened to me again tonight. I want to be Nora. I want to have the long crazy wavy dark hair. I want to wear wet eyeliner and red lipstick. I want the perfectly straight teeth and the odd, almost pretty face. I want to be a good best friend again, one who will treaten to beat up three gay guys if they harm my friend. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have a famous dad, like she does.

Yeah I've just realized this is a pointless, self centered post. Apologies. But I couldn't help myself... I need to say these things.

Number of times the word "I" appeared in this blog: 18. Including the one on this line.

Oh p.s. I'm going to be dying my hair dark this week aaand I(now 20 "I"s... 21) don't want you guys to think it's because of this movie. I've (22) actually been planning to dye it for a while now. Just so you know...


oh and p.p.s. the movie wasn't that amazing... i just got really fond of the idea of running around new york as a famous girl with my music soul mate.

No comments: