Saturday, October 4, 2008

blue eyes.


There was a girl behind the glass
She caught my attention as I passed.
She was beautiful by man's definition
But in her face, something was missing.
Her pale blue eyes searched my soul.
Fighting to keep my emotions in control,
I looked away for only a second
but those heavy eyes called me. They beckoned.
Turning back I saw it all,
Her eyes held every pain, every fall.
I'd never seen so much ache,
In such a purely startled gaze
Those worn out eyes witnessed their wars
But the hurt was locked behind her lidded doors.
I wondered what could have caused that stare.
The girl's eyes behind the glass knew i was all too aware
And as she slowly started to cry
I felt wet below my eye
She started whispering something I didn't want to hear,
So I turned my back and walked away from the mirror.

No comments: