Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the girl who cried wolf. repeatedly.

remember the boy who cried wolf? yeah, i've basically become that boy. except instead of crying wolf i'm crying "hey i'm moving today." five days in a row. this time though, i really am moving back. my car is completely packed and my room is not only devoid of any personality but it is also finally sold. halle-freaking-lujah. much to katrina's joy i sold my contract to a nice asian girl named sujan... sujin.... sewjan? i don't even know. but what i do know is she's pleasant and she also didn't know what 24/7 meant... so it wasn't until after i explained that to her that she wanted my contract.

my reason for not leaving today is not only a matter of $50 but it's also a matter of pride. when i turned my apartment key, laundry card and laundry room key back to the apartment's office i thought i was finally free and that i could stop worrying about loose ends here. one quick phone call from the office proved otherwise.

you see, there are these bracelets, kinda like live strong bracelets, they hand out at the beginning of the year. these bracelets are to be worn at all times inside the pool. super gay, i am aware. me being me and logan being freezing logan, i've never once had the desire to use that bracelet to swim in the pool. because of this i didn't even think twice about them needing that bracelet back, but they do. they need it back so badly that if i don't return it within a week, they're going to charge me $50.

this is a huge problem for two reasons:

A) i know i have that bracelet and i refuse to pay $50 for something i never even used or even wanted for that matter.

B) all of my stuff is currently tightly packed in boxes in one of two places. either it's sardine-d in my car in such a way that i'll never find it, or it's in the basement of my dad's company's office building in smithfield, which is 20 minutes away, which is locked up until business hours tomorrow.

either way i wasn't going to be able to find it tonight.

my solution to this problem? go to taco tuesday with katrina, aj, and ben. made sense at the time.

this time, for reals, i'm moving back home tomorrow.

No comments: