Tuesday, December 27, 2011

a homemade christmas.

just like everyone else you know, christmas is probably my favorite time of year. i love the extremely butter or sugar-centric homemade food and the festive bell-heavy jingly music. but most of all i love that feeling you get when you finally find the right gift for that particularly hard friend or family member to shop for. this year i was feeling particularly challenged when shopping for my loved ones, and then it finally dawned on me. i'll just make everyone's gifts! i started by doing some facebook stalking to find specific personal quotes for each of the people i was creating them for. then i designed a poster to not only match the person i was giving it to but to also match their personal space i thought they might put it in. i'm not going to lie, they turned out pretty alright if i do say so myself.


for my little sister i went fairy tale themed:

 for my dad i used a quote that his father used to say, which he got from his father. 
 my mom has this saying up in our kitchen, so i thought it appropriate to put more of her personality into it 
 and for my brother, i knew it had to be sports themed in some way. 

seeing my designs printed out was something entirely new for me, and it was absolutely thrilling. i think i might have started a trend here.

No comments: